20 August 2007

Club Five One

Today I turn fifty one. But how do I know without looking at my birth cert? Well, there are 10 things that will remind me of my new membership in Club Five One! If any of them sound familiar to you, welcome to the club.
1. Goatee turns grey faster (see photo). Have to dye it more frequently than before. Yes, I dye it!
2. Bigger spare tyre. I can be a right candidate if you like guys with tummy!
3. Staying clear of high cholesterol food or taking them in moderation.
4. Gets tired easily. Not enough exercise my doctor said.
5. Emptying my bladder more frequently than usual. Maybe a sign of diabetes. Must be careful with my diet.
6. New gout attack. Not since 5 years ago. Now the pain re-occurred like I kicked the wall hard with my toe!
7. Lifetime high-blood pressure pill popping.
8. Eyesight gets a little screwy to focus if I watch TV any later in the night.
9. Pain in the neck due to constant computer work and play.
10. My conversation centered around health and diets. I shall consciously avoid this topic from this day on.

OK. End of subject. Happy Birthday to me.

.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fai san
    After all You have "ill" or malfunction in "luxury"
    A GOUT???? uric acid??? like Romans as self-indulgent Epicureans... hahaha!
    But high-blood pressure... beware....
    But No5... diabetes??? I do not know How come you've been so unaware of swollen prostate gland?? If you are truly the member of C.51... You should have known better...... HoHo!
    Actually..  The plight of my physicals surely comes under the listed you gave. (I have some kidney stone instead of gout)
    I really hate to say... but
    I will congratulate you on your joining the 50s club after all..
    A happy hippo & chirping Birdy & yawning 2 ewes...
    Tatsun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carl,

    Love your site! Have to say, I appreciate the things you have had to share.

    Aging is not a bad thing, at least with age, people cure their ignorance and arrogance, a popular disease amongst youngsters out there.

    Hope to hear more from you.

    *hugs and kisses
    Nuanced and Shaded
    -maximus-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written article.

    ReplyDelete